HEALTHCARE, TRADE ORGANISATION
The Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association represents the international research-based pharmaceutical industry in Ireland and provides the website Medicines.ie to provide accurate data on all medicines available in Ireland.
OPTIMIZING DIGITAL PLATFORMS FOR HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATIONS
Medicines.ie is an online resource that provides patient information leaflets, a summary of product characteristics (SmPCs) and educational materials (risk management materials) for most medicines on the Irish market.
Increased regulatory compliance complexity in the healthcare industry means more innovative and digitally driven solutions are constantly needed.
In 2017 the IPHA realized they needed to upgrade the accuracy, functionality, and usability of their Medicines.ie platform. This was decided to keep their members compliant with changing regulatory and registration requirements by providing the most accurate information available.
Poor archiving and software structuring by their technology provider at the time was frustrating their membership, and causing delays in updating vital records in their system.
Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association
Project Duration: 2018 - Present
ABOUT THE PROJECT
eConcepts Web Solutions won the competitive tender for an entire overhaul of the Medicines.ie online platform.
The upgrading of the Medicines.ie platform took (XXX insert) months, with particular attention paid to implementing XYZ insert something you did.
The Medicines.ie platform was improved in the following ways:
Today Medicines.ie’ contains accurate, up to date, regulator approved information on medicines available in Ireland.
EXPANSION AND NEW FEATURES FOR THE SITE ARE CONTINUOUSLY BEING DEVELOPED
- Modern mobile responsive web design.
- Easy uploading of all information for users.
- Ease of management by Association.
- Ongoing design and development work to further expand and improve system
- Custom data analytics and etc etc.
- Search Functions: Medicines, Active Ingredients, Companies, for increased cross referencing.
- Multiple Frontend and backend applications for increased functionality.
- Advanced Search parameters
- Advanced Data Management System.
- API Toolkit – What is this?
THE SITE IS A COMPREHENSIVE AND EASILY SEARCHABLE SOURCE OF MEDICINES INFORMATION.
Ongoing eConcepts services for Medicines.ie include:
- Meeting with IPHA on a bi-weekly basis to discuss ongoing operation & development of Medicines.ie
- Providing IPHA with monthly reports on the operation of Medicines.ie
- Operating a user support facility for members
- Updating User Manual, FAQ and News documentation for participating members in line with updates to Medicines.ie
- Joining participating members project group on Medicines.ie to answer queries and assess feedback
- Operating User Acceptance Testing for major updates to Medicines.ie
- Developing newly requested features, improvements to existing site and designing solutions for long term goals
Other Services provided to Medicines.ie:
- Fast website performance and robust hosting security.
- Multiple user roles
- Document upload and information facility, including history tracking, rollback to previous revision and system logs.
- Comprehensive search facility on the public facing website